10 Facts about Aquamarine1. Aquamarine means “seawater”.
- This stone is a member of the beryl family.
- It’s March birthstone.
- Color range goes from blue to a little greenish-blue
- Aquamarine is a dichroic stone, appearing blue or colorless as you see it from different angles.
- England’s Queen Elizabeth received an aquamarine as a gift from the president and the people of Brazil.
- Colorado. recognized aquamarine as their official gemstone in 1971.
- Aquamarine is steeped in myth and legends; it’s believed to be a stone of courage and said to help remove prejudices and break old habits.
- In ancient times, sailors used to wear amulets of aquamarine for protection at sea.
- Aquamarine is the traditional gift for a 19th wedding anniversary.